Thursday, April 30, 2015

The weird fish thing I mentioned...

...isn't really that weird. All along the west coast of Central and South America Ive been enjoying a dish called Ceviche. Basically (as I understand it) it's seafood cured with citrus juices and has all kinds of styles. To me it always seems to have the best qualities of pico de gallo with seafood added. Can't go wrong. Actually I might have linked to it earlier but no one else reads this so why should I go back and look, right?

When in Santiago I took a trip out to the Belle Arte district and walked around, got the feel and then stopped to eat. It's actually a nice walking area full of students and regular folks of all kinds.

Here's my ceviche, because for some reason I've taken a crap load of pictures of food and beer. This picture features a beer that I've grown to like; Kunstmann.



I also saw these and thought they were cool. They looked really heavy.



Here's a street. Loads of them down there.

 
 

Anyhow, that's a little closure for Santiago. Next stop, Valparaiso.






1 comment:

  1. Cerviche - Yum! Let me know when you want more. I'll pick up snapper or mahi or shrimp, like Parian's

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Say something.