Saturday, November 22, 2014

Closure, and GTFO

Looking back, I realize what a total crap job I do as a blogger. Never mind that I never provided closure on this trip to Costa Rica two years ago, I've gone on other domestic trips that would have been fun to describe here.

I've been to Florida and New Orleans a couple times,

 


I've driven to Nevada to pick up an old BMW,,,



Not that I expect massive amounts of readers here but, the Google machine seems to show that folks from all over the world have hit this page.

Anyhow, after I left Jaco, I did make it to San Jose. I stayed at the Balmoral for one night and the Del Rey for another. Yes, Jordanna knows. It's made for a lot of funny stories and the girls working there were a lot of fun to hang out with. Hey, it was a great hotel and the bars/restaurants were really good. I needed that pampering after all those days in the jungle, right? Cough, cough...

So, as part of the whole closure thing, here's the route I took in Costa Rica.


I would do this again in a heartbeat. Outside of a nasty, bitter Chinese guy working at a restaurant in Cartago I found everyone there very cool and friendly.

The End.

Well, almost. Today I leave for Florida for a few days of... well, probably some cooler than normal weather for those folks. Jord has decided on a stop at a spa north of Chicago and a stop in Savannah. The tough thing about not traveling alone is that you end up stopping at extra places. The good thing about not traveling alone is that you get to stop at extra places.

Here's the route we're planning for the trip down;


So hopefully minimal adventures. See you in Illinois.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Say something.