Monday, December 3, 2012

Itinerarium

Well, the GPS project turned out to be more trouble than it was worth. I'll still probably load up the open source maps and bring the Nuvi but I'm definitely going to rent a unit with the car. Cenrut.org seems like a good idea that I can get behind but on this trip I want a little more confidence. The other option was to lease a map from navsatcr.com but it's the same price to get it from the rental shop so I'll just do that.

Since I'll be travelling without a laptop and relying on my Droid for any communication (wireless only, no cell on this trip) I've been printing out the confirmations for my currently planned stops, which so far are;
-Chicago
-Alajuela
-San Isidro de El General (hmm... Maybe Dominical? This one could change)
-Carate (Osa Peninsula)
...then what?

I'm not sure. I'll figure it out when I get there but I'm going to wing it for the last 2 or 3 days.
So far I've been using Lonely planet and TripAdvisor for research, but I've been pretty happy with booking.com. Once I hit the ground I'll end up talking with others to see what looks interesting.

Flights are set with a 9 hour layover in Chicago on the way out and 4 hour layover at my old stomping grounds in Fort Lauderdale at 9:30 on the way back.  It could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Say something.